Re: Re: Gary Pinkley's 1997 Dakota Modifications

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 20:23:43 EDT

IMO, with the 360's torque all dem gears are redundant and all that shifting
hurts times. All we need is a good ol' wide-ratio 4-speed and a 3.21 rearend
to get the revs down in 4 gear. 200mph stock cars do fine with just a 4
speed.

--Patrick Delgado
2000 FR RC R/T; 9 psi Powerdyne w/ 7-rib pulley, Gatorback belt, F&B stage I
TB, TV cable adj., Homebrewed K&N 0920 behind foglight, MAP boost bypass,
IAT relocation, MSDBTM, MSD 8.5 superconductors, 3923's, MP computer, NO
CAT, katbox, full Hotchkis kit, Bilsteins, 275/50 nittos and 305/45 BFG's,
Jason cap. In possession but not in position; Belly pan plate and traction
bars.