Re: RE: Flowmaster to Stock Exhaust/v8 Longevity

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 22:26:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2002 4:48:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
pbweb@mindspring.com writes:

> Thanks for the replies on the v8 engine stuff...any other suggestions on
> how I might get around the sound issue would be appreciated. I haven't
> altered any exhaust systems before, so I'm not sure if I can throw a
> universal muffler inline somehow...

Depending on what size pipe the used.. If it's 2 1/4 duals..
I'd say to go to AutoZone and have them look up the part number for the
muffler for about a 68-69 street hemi.. That muffler won't flow quite as
well as a flowmaster; but flows exceptionally well, is a reproduction of the
factory high flow that they used at the time, and should only run about $15 a
PIECE..
1) then either find a mom & pop shop that'll do the work
2) break out a hack saw adn do it yourself
3) take off the plates, load it on a trailer, and take it to midas as an off
road vehicle
I like #3.. just to spite them..

Aaron W in AL
94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd