brakes problem!

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 19:49:41 EDT

ok a little history, a long time ago I changed my pads to raybestos QS
(ceramic) pads and had a chattering problem. I ended up returning them and
buying new pads and installing them and everything was grand till over last
winter the brakes started squealing when I turn slightly to the left. if I
straighten or turn to the right it stopped. (ended up one of the pads was
cracked down the middle). I went ahead and bought new powerslot rotors and
new raybestos pads for the front. I finally installed them two weekends
ago. after 250 miles of perfection they started chattering when I turn to
the left or straight. if I turn to the right they stop. Now I took extreme
care when I installed them to make sure no grease got on them and I didn't
tough them with my oily hands. I also broke them in very well and have
babied them.

why are these things always crappy for me. I think I am going to get the
hawk pads and have the rotors taken down a hair to start fresh. what other
tips can you guys give me to fix this damn thing RIGHT!

Tim Althoff
99 SY 3.9 5-Speed 'Customized' RC Dakota
http://www.yllwdkta.com