RE: RE: flowkooler water pump install

From: Edward Falsename (msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 22:51:08 EDT

You know, the hayes manual says the 4cyl has a reverse flow pump, but doesnt
mention direction for V6/V8. I just checked and yeah, the smooth side moves
the fan/water pump pulley.

as for warrenty, the 3/36 drove off into the sunset last month without me,
leaving me with a sore hitchhikers thumb. Im gonna do the water pump and the
180 TSTAT and replace the hoses. heres to hoping i wont have to do this
again...

Sorry, let me explain.  If the smooth part of your serpentine belt wraps
around the water pump pulley then it's reverse flow.  If you look at your
diagram under the hood you'll see that it is.  Most all modern Daks are
reverse flow.