Running HOT

From: Chris Lambert (mopar287@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 09:51:00 EDT

OK.. here is the scenario. I changed the T-stat in my
2000 4.7 the same day I did the cams. I obviously
drained most of the coolant when I did this. I put in
a 180 to replace the factory 195. But on hot days the
truck runs hotter... the truck will run at 180 (ish)
on a cool day but as soon as it is 90 degrees, no
matter where i am driving it hits 210!!! I thought
with the cooler thermosstat I would run cooler all the
time but it seems to run hotter.

I filled the system with new coolant (Prestone) 50/50
mix. I filled it at the radiator cap with the truck
running and heat on. I also put an extra gallon of
mix into the reserve resivoir... Does it sound like I
need water wetter or simmilar? Maybe an air pocket???
 There is a bleed screw on the upper radiator hose
neck, I left that closed, should I have opened it to
get rid of an air pocket?

Suggestions?

I added about 6 quarts of mixture to it.

Thanks,
Chris