Re: Slick 50 or Dura Lube

From: Jason A Banta (jason.banta@louisville.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 13:58:43 EDT

I used Dura Lube in a 1997 Chevy Cavelier and it ran to 185,000 miles
with no problems when I traded it in on the Dak.

My step father has used both in his work trucks in CA, where there are
strict emissions standards, and his trucks wouldn't pass, so he would
drain the oit then fill them with Dura Lube/Slick 50 run them a little
while, drain out the Dura Lube/Slick 50 and have them tested right down
the road with no oil or anything in them. Once he passed the emmissions
test, he would then put regular oil back in it. Whether his stories are
completely true or not, I cannot say.

Jason

>>> wb5oxq@clearsource.net 09/06/02 12:40PM >>>

I have used slick 50 before and thought it improved power and gas
mileage a tiny bit, however others do not think it can do much good to
improve engine life and does more the coat the oil pan than the bearing
surfaces as claimed.