4.7 HO cam/pinging solution?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 08:13:11 EDT

Last week or so ago, there were a few posts about the HO cam
and pinging problems. I came across this message on another
forum and thought that it might help.

"I found a little info for the HO cam and intake folks. Didn't know
if anyone is aware of this, but the HO 4.7 for the Jeep uses special
platinum tip spark plugs that are only available through the dealer.
This may help people experiencing pinging, knock or missing problems"

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG