Re: hmm.. weird Gauge cluster problem

From: Marty Nowak \(Got-Speed\) (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 21:32:41 EDT

Just a thought but try these things. Should take all of about 15
minutes.....
1. clear the computer by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.
2. check all fuses
3. remove dash cluster and reinstall (its easy, just put the truck in
netural if its an automatic and pull the dash panel toward you, might take a
little force, but will pull right off. Then remove the 4 screws holding the
gauges in, pull out an inch or two untill you feel it disconnecting, then
push it back in and reinstall.

4. could be the bad ground thing
5. I'll bet your problem with the brake lights not working and the brake
light on the dash have something to do with each other. Perhaps bad trailer
wiring screwed up something ?!?

Just some ideas, and they are probably faster than taking it to the dealer.

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed