GenII or GenIII

From: Danny L. Burrows (havenx@ksni.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 22:59:45 EDT

Hiya, ummm I built a Dakota out of parts from 88, 89, 90, and a 91
Dakotas. The front clip is all gen I and the drive tran, cab, and bed is
Gen II, (there are other years mixed all the way around). Well I'm all
done cept it won't rev over 3 grand, (I am thinkin throtle position
sensor, what do you all think?) Also the trans is toast, is anyone on
the list selling a WORKING A500 tranns tor a 2wd 3.9L, or know where I
can get one for $500 or under. The truck is not that great, but it runs
well and looks good, I just don't think its gonna run another 40, I
might get 30 out of her. Am I better off throwin my hands in the air and
gettim a Gen III or should I buy another Gen II if I can't make it last
long?

Danny,
http://havenx69.tripod.com