More Problems with Silver89

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 23:18:03 EDT

Well the truck made it to and from Wisconsin (900 miles) over the past
weekend without breaking down. However - the timing chain sounds worse
- - and now I am having starter problems.

Is it possible that the starter is fouling up because of the timing
chain? My thinking is that if the timing chain is not right - - the
engine won't turn over as well as it should be.

I'll try and get the starter noise recorded and in mp3 format soon. It
seems to happen every few starts.

I am going to have a nice talk with my mechanic tomarrow and lay it on
the line with him.

I went out looking at trucks for sale today - had my credit checked and
its good... I saw an F-150 4x4 that really cought my eye. Black, bed
cap, grill guard, extended cab. But then I realized I was being
tempted by The Dark Side and headed over to a Dodge dealer where I sat
in a Silver 2500 Ram and felt much cleaner and safer. LOL

A new truck just may be in my future soon. I'm feeling very down and
out. I shouldn't be having this many problems with a truck I have put
so much time and money and love into.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/