The 4.7L Dying Out Saga Continues..........

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 20:56:15 EDT

The story gets interesting, I pulled the valve covers off today to confirm
what we did was correct, which it was. Last night, I put in $50 (10 gals)
worth of 100 race gas, which got rid of the ping, but the 4000rpm+ loss is
still there. Which pretty much (to me) narrows it down to lack of fuel.
Ordered new inj, hopefully will be here before next Sat, I'm goin' to the
strip in Fontana. I had the pump replaced awhile back due to a hard start
prob. I also noticed that ever since I had the truck, it would once in a blue
moon when I fire it up, it would puff out some black smoke. Hmmm, might've
had an inj prob for longer than I thought.......... Any ideas??

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
By The End Of July!! See Them Here!!
http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts