RAM air for 4.7L

From: Iver Nielsen (dakota4x4v8@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 07:09:15 EDT

Has anyone successfully implementede a RAM air system with a 4.7L? I have a
2002 Club Cab SLT 4.7L 5-Speed 4X4 with Premier Automotive's GTS-Style hood.
I want to make that NACA scoop functional. I keep hearing and reading that
the 4.7L has "harmonic vibration" problems if the resonator in the stock
intake system is removed. This resonator takes a 90 degree turn to the
passenger's side. I'd like to get a free-flow air filter (K&N would be good)
and draw air through that scoop.

Iver

Iver Nielsen
Dakota4x4v8@hotmail.com