Intro & group buy

From: Ron (rgdeaton@att.net)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 16:48:27 EDT

I bought a 1989 Dakota convertible about a year ago and have been lurking
around ever since. The truck has yet to see the road; it was not a 'cream
puff' when I got it. I have since done roll pan, tail gate, 3/5 drop, shaved
door handles, smoothie bumper, Crimson red with violet pearl & clear paint,
new gray convertible top, and a bunch of other stuff to it. I hope to roll
it out within the next 2 weeks and start driving it. I'll put some pix out
when it's ready.

For all you Gen I & II folks, there is a group buy at dodgedakotas.com for
custom indiglo/luminescent gauge overlays. I am not the orignator of this
buy, but am really interested in it for my truck. You can see the options at
www.speedhut.com under the "model development program".

Basically, we need 20 buyers for them to make up the templates and start
production. We currently have 7 people committed to buy, SO we need 13 more
Gen I & II Dak lovers to sign up.

So go take a look at what's offered and if you are so inclined, place an
order. When they get 20, they will start the ball rolling. Tell your friends
who aren't on the DML. I'd really like to have these overlays!!!!!

I do enjoy this list. There doesn't seem to be many Gen I owners on it, or
maybe the Gen III guys/gals just do all the posting. Of course, if Dodge
would make a Gen III vert, I might be a Gen III owner myself. =8^)

Ron Deaton
1989 Dakota Vert, and other MOPARs