Re: RE: Dak is dead, help

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 23:32:32 EDT

AZ's "lifetime warranties" aren't. They are only good for THREE exchanges.
And, trust me, you will use them. The items AZ sells are cut-rate bargain
basement cheap parts (except for name brands, like Bosch, etc). Example-my
nephew needed barkes on his car, and had never done it, so I offered to
help. He bought the pads at AZ, and they were almost half the size as the
OEM. I took them back and went to NAPA and got full size pads. I've seen too
many people get alternators at AZ and replace them within three months. I'll
get oil, spark plugs, etc there, but no "hard parts", like pumps,
alternators, etc.
It's a good thing NAPA is stuck in the past, when parts stores had good
parts and the people behind the counter knows cars.

Jon
STL MO