RE: Fan problems, continued

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 08:06:16 EDT

Hi Jon,
I think you sent this to the wrong person. I didn't follow the thread, but
I do vagely remember the problem. I believe the fan would only run briefly,
then shut off.

Looks like you have either a burnt or arced terminal there with l little
peeled back connector insulation. (I'm assuming you did that for the photo
and inspection.) The resistor block is what the connector plugs into.
Remove the two socket headed screws that hold it to the firewall, and pull
it out. You'll see a couple coil would resistors behind it. Chances are
one of them is either open, shorted, or a combination of the two.

Sorry I didn't keep up with this thread, but I hope this helps.
Rich
Ashburn, VA
'96 CC SLT

PS. Nice picture by the way. I wish my cameras resolution was this good.