steering clunk....help....

From: Edward Falsename (msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 12:33:50 EDT

I have this really nasty steering clunk while basically doing ANYTHING,
accelerating, braking, hitting bumps on the roads, and turning.

The noise is coming straight from under my hands, and im getting worried
because the noise becoming louder and getting more fierce as time goes on.

The funny thing is that i reported this TWICE to two different dealers while
i was under warrenty. The truck has 20000 miles on it now and my 3 years are
up (by 2 months i think). I have the service paper in my hand now and
remember reporting this to the service rep. states:

"CUST STATES VEHICLE HAS A POPPING NOISE IN STEERING WHEN DRIVING OVER ROUGH
ROADS"

Unfortunately, the dealer did nothing, and the problem has gotten much
worse, to the point where it feels the shaft might come loose.

So am i dead in the water as far as having to pay for it? I know its
expensive, but If i reported the problem under warrenty is there any
recourse for me? Is there any way i can make DC foot the bill?

heres to hoping...

msnbcnnbcbs
99 RC V6