Greetings

From: Thomas C Perso (persotc@chartermi.net)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 20:28:46 EDT

Hello,

A new member here, I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota (duh... LOL) 4x4 Club Cab.
4.7L V-8, 5-speed, 3.92's with limited slip, 31x11.50 Mickey Thompson Baja
MTX's, etc, etc.

You can get the skinny on it here:
http://www.qtm.net/~persoj/dakota.htm

For some small stereo info,
http://www.qtm.net/~persoj/dak_stereo.htm

Also, if you notice, I'm a VW guy, so if that's your bag, check it out, if
not - thats cool too... :)

Here are a couple problems that I have, I have done some searches, but
nothing definite.

1) Rusting front bumper. Really disgusted with it, dealer won't touch it...
I'm looking for someone to run into me (lightly), or I will sandblast it and
paint it myself.

2) This sucker STINKS. Rotten eggs, again - dealer won't do anything. I've
even gone as far as pulling into the service bay and rapping the gas a few
times. It's so awful, I figured I could get something done about it. Nope,
still just shrugs of shoulders and "I dunno".

3) Funny exhaust note. The truck has always "rapped" or snarled very badly
at ~3000 RPM, it's worse when the motor (and exhaust system is cold). I
thought it was a blown out muffler, so I replaced the stock system with a
Gibson cat back system and it's worse. Must be a cat converter or
something?

Well, thats enough for now, I'm looking forward to being on the list.

A happy Dakota owner,
Tom Perso