Subject: Need help with drop question

From: K M (hipburwig@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 23:20:38 EDT

> Ok i got a 2001 Quad Cab w/4.7l I am planning to
drop it 2/3. My
friend
> has a complete Beltech 2/3 drop kit he wants to sell
me. He bought it
> for his R/T CC. My question is will it work on my
Quad with no
> problems. I know that hotchkis makes different coils
for the 4.7 and
> the V6 than the 318 and 360. I don't want to install
everything to
find
> out the front sits higher than the rear. Also what
shocks to you guys
> recomend. I do tow a traval trailer so I will be
installing the
> firestone airbags in the rear witch he is selling me
also for 400.00
> for everything. Thanks

   The suspension on an rt is different than a
regular dak cause they r already lower than normal but
not by muchh. The lower control arms also have a
different part # so the spring perch in the lower arm
is probably angle diiferent to compensate the drop so
they may not work but it should. The rear axle on an
rt is thicker than a normal dak so the rear probably
wont work. If ur doin bags go all 4 corners w/a4link
in the back. AIM makes the whole kit, i would think
it would fit your qc.