Re: Just got the Dakota back

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 07:31:57 EDT

Morning Curt,
      Glad to hear they think they got the water problem fixed. how much
water was getting in the truck and how wet did the carpet get? My ex and I
had a Neon that developed a serious leak in the trunk and water was under
the carpet all the way to the firewall. Dodge dealer in Shreveport., LA
fixed the leak and replaced the carpet under warranty. Made me real happy.
As far as your steering goes, is this the first time you've reported this
problem? I think there is a TSB on the steering column and I've seen a
simple procedure to try to fix this problem. If I can find the process,
I'll e-mail it to you. I know my 98 RC "wheel hops" the front when making
tight turns, like parking lot manuvers. Feels just like a 4X4 with the
front hubs locked in and bouncing over the knuckles of the U-joints in a
tight turn. It doesn't bother me that much, so I haven't gotten around to
doing anything about it yet. The hesitation could be a number of things.
What other mods do you have on the engine? Good air flow in as well as out
is essential. What shape are the plugs in? When does it hesitate, when
pulling out from a stop or anytime you get on the throttle? On a side
note, I saw you took the Dak to the muffler shop in Elkton. Is that in MD
(how many Elkton's can there be, LOL)? If so are you going to the all Mopar
car show at Stewarts Rootbeer this weekend? I'm planning on being there and
I'm pretty sure there will be some other DMLer's there too.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE