Tire recommendation?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 11:28:41 EDT

Hey all-

        My factory goodyears have just about reached the end of their usable
life (P255/65R15 on the 15x8 rims). My truck is a 2WD CC 3.9L and I'm
looking for more traction in the snow/rain. I'm willing to give up
some dry traction if necessary, because the wet traction leaves a lot
to be desired, even with varying amounts of weight in the bed (I find
myself wanting to drive my wife's FWD car when there's snow on the
ground, but that's not fair to my truck!). I would consider A/T tires,
but I don't want to get dedicated winter tires.

        Does anybody have any recommendations for a P255/65R15 tire that
they've had good luck with in winter driving conditions?

Thanks,
Korey Atterberry