Fender flares for $40 !!

From: Marty Nowak \(Got-Speed\) (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 14:36:15 EDT

HERE IS A GOOD WAY TO GET CHEAP (LEGAL - NOT STOLEN) FLARES !

Ok I guess its time for me to gloat :) I just bought a set of fender flares
for $40. They don't match the color of my truck or each other (2 are red, 2
are driftwood) I asked a local dodge dealer what they did when they got a
wreck in. If a flare needs to be replaced, say drivers front, then they buy
all 4 (its cheaper that way) and toss the rest. I got lucky, one of the
techs there had 2 sitting around (I saw them as I was passing by, and
inquired) They were takeoffs from another dak, front and rear passenger
side. Well I told him I need ones for the drivers side and he went and asked
another tech who had a left rear, that still left me missing one, so tech #
2 asked another tech and he had the left front. I asked for a price and we
all agreed $10 each :)

I also inquired about painting, $30 for the set, but I have to prep sand
them.

I couldnt be happier today untill I picked up my TB ! (See next post.)

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed