Re: Fender flares for $40 !!

From: Marty Nowak \(Got-Speed\) (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 18:53:24 EDT

Well I wouldn't just go up to the parts dept and ask. (I tried)
You need to goto the body shop and ask around to some of the repair guys.
You'd be surprised what a $20 will buy :)
Therotically you could ask about anything. I was told that most of the time
if a bumper for instance has a gouge, they will replace it and throw away
the gouged one. Nothing a little bondo or poxy won't fix.
Same with door handles, I was told its cheaper to buy a set than seperatly.
They have 2 kinds of prices, collision, and accessories. Usually the
accessories are cheaper than the collision prices, which is good for people
like us, since the unused parts get tossed :)

Hmmmm, anyone up for some dodge dumpster diving, I wanna find that viper
that got thrown away :) LOL

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed