Re: Block heater, lug nutz

From: Donald Mallett (mallett@prepaidlegal.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 18:59:18 EDT

In article <sd8f02e4.048@mail.dhs.state.il.us> , DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us
("BARRY OLIVER") wrote:

> I am thinkiing of installing a block heater into my 99 CC SLT 4x4 5.2L.
> Anybody have any experience with the Mopar part?
>
> Also, anybody have any suggestions or experiences on using aftermarket
> (solid) lugnuts? Every darn time I touch my tires, I lose 2 or 3 of those
> @#%^ caps. and $5 each at the dealer is just plain wrong.
>
> -Barry

Can't help you with the heater. With the lugs, if you don't allready have
locking lug nuts you can do 1 of 2 things,

1) Buy a set of after market locking lugs, that will give you four extra
oem lug nuts.

or

2) Some after market companys have a complete set of lug nut and locking
ones in a set at a fairly good price.

I had the same troulbe with mine. I went with choice #1, I didn't know they
had sets such as in #2. Gorilla Wheel Locks is the brand I went with. Got
them from one of http://www.4wheelparts.com stores. I looked and couldn't
find them on there web site.

--
Don Mallett