Re: People without overhead consoles, rejoice

From: Matt Tharp (henryrollins2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 00:47:04 EDT

In all my Free time at work I downloaded a copy of the
manual. It says that it does not like to be mounted
more the 20 degrees from vertical and that magnets
throw it off. Also there is a difference between True
North and magnetic north. Here in Atlanta it is
something like 2 degrees but you might be getting a
different reading because if it. I know that they had
some pretty stiff guidelines on mounting the unit. No
sunlight, Not more the a couple of degrees from
vertical. Not near any magnetics, I have found it for
about 80-90 bucks I think I might by one with all this
overtime and double time that I am going to get over
the next few weeks I should not have any problems
coming up with a few bucks for it. I think it is worth
a shot.

> Hi matt - - I have not used this unit before.. I
> purchased a different
> electronic compass, which has been knocked around
> under the seat of my
> truck and stuffed in my glove box... because I
got
> bugged that it never
> seemed to read properly. Might be all the tall
> buildings around here in
> Chicago.. I dunno.
>
> As for the unit you linked to - I remembered
seeing

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=183600&BQ=jcw2

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=54135&BQ=jcw2

> I am going to change the battery in it and try
using