A/T Cooler Check Valve

From: Dennis & Becky Anderson (whatelse@qwest.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 21:35:15 EDT

Does anyone know or have a guess as to why there is a spring
loaded check valve in the A/T cooler tubing located just
ahead of the radiator coil ? The spring pressure is
minimal, someone with healthy lungs can blow into the valve
and unseat the stopper, so I doubt the valve is regulating
pressure. Since the A/T cooling is a closed system, leak
down should not be an issue and back flow should not be
possible. I'm considering removing it to eliminate any
restriction it might be imparting to the fluid flow.