OT: Dad's surgery

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 22:57:59 EDT

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Father's surgery went very well
today. Typical hospital took him back about 1:30pm instead of the scheduled
time of 10am. But anyway, the surgeon's only complaint was how thick and
muscular my Father's neck was. He wears a size 18-1/2" shirt collar so it
was to be expected. Originally they were going to fuse three vertebrae
together, but once into the operation they discovered the third disk was just
fine and the MRI was blurred. So instead of three fusings he now has two and
a nice little stainless steel plate as well. He is going to stay over night
in the hospital and has a little bit of a sore throat from the surgery moving
his larynx around. Other than that he is doing great. Thanks to all who
remembered him in either thought or prayer. My family is very grateful for
these actions. I spoke with my Father briefly and told him about everyone on
the list responding to my e-mail. He was very thankful for the responses and
wishes me to tell everyone Thank You. I also want to say Thank You again.

The other Will