Re: HELP!!! Dealer warranty problem from hurst shifter

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@remove.yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 11:03:39 EDT

I'm having the same problem (kind of).

I've never been happy with the way the 5spd shifts in my truck and have had
it to the dealer on a number of occasions. They always said it was fine.

I decided I wasn't going to bother anymore and installed the Hurst. Then I
decided to take it to another dealer and the first thing they said was that
it was the Hurst shifter causing all the problems. I let them know that it
behaved the exact same way with the stock shifter. I got that frown that
says 'Humour the customer'.

If I decide to pursue this, I will need to take the Hurst out and put the
stock shifter back in. What a pain.

As an aside, the second dealer also told me that if the first dealer had
already logged time against a warranty complaint, then I could not take it
to another dealer for the same complaint. So if you get a crappy dealer
first time around, you're screwed?

Rob S.

""Entropy Engineering Motorsports"" <entropyengineering@attbi.com> wrote in
message news:000001c26501$a296ce00$a2d1e60c@entropyxdegsw0...