Re: Electric fan kit?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 19:51:09 EDT

At 01:26 PM 9/26/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Does anybody sell a kit to convert out Dak's over to an electric
>cooling fan? Alex 97 CC Sport V8

I don't know of the existence of a conversion kit but I did come
across this post on a mopar forum today. What caught my eye
was that this mod would include a shroud. The mod was done
on a 97 5.2L Dak.

The person used a stock electric fan/shroud from a 96 Mercury
Cougar and a thermostat/relay kit from AutoZone. Apparently,
the fan shroud fits perfectly between the radiator tanks and only
about 1/2" had to be trimmed off the depth of the shroud for
clearance to the front of the engine. This left about 1/2" clearance
from the fan to the radiator.

The mod was just done so no info. on how it would be in 100+
temperatures. Pluses were: quietness (no more roar when cold),
smoothness in acceleration and idle, more power, better a/c
performance (runs cooler idling with a/c on than it did before).

Something to ponder :-)

Bob

BTW, costs were fan/shroud off e-bay for $61 and a thermostat/relay
kit from AutoZone for $35.