Re: Electric fan kit?

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 00:51:00 EDT

  And then andylevy@yahoo.com replied with......

>Mechanincal plus an auxiliary electric.

And Then I said....

Yes the 4.7L does have a electric auxiliary fan. It runs when ever the A/C
is on and when the coolant temp hit 230 or more. (dug that tid-bit out of my
new FSM!). When the aux. fan is running you can feel by hand a increase of
air flow being pulled into the front of the radiator. That's at idle. I saw
a post somewhere about using a Mark VII fan and shroud in Mushtaings. I'll
look for the link to it on my computer at home in the morning when I get
home.

--
Don Mallett

http://FindFreedom.com/mallett