Daimler-Chrysler "merger" t-shirt

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 17:31:18 EDT

   Note: I am sending this one-time message to the DiRT, DML and MML
mailing lists. Some list members may consider this spam or off topic,
and if so, I apologize, but I believe it has relevance to all of the
aforementioned lists...

------------------------------
At the Mopar Nats this year, I came across a vendor selling a "political
cartoon" style Daimler/Chrysler merger t-shirt, practically at cost. He
told me that he wasn't doing it to make money - just to make a statement
and spread the word. He didn't have any left in my size, but gave me his
business card so that I could order a couple through the mail. I did so,
and despite the low price, they are a quality shirt (Jerzees heavyweight
50/50 cotton/polyester blend). The design is screenprinted on the front.
The shirts he had at the show were light colors with black screenprinting,
I asked for black t-shirts if possible, and got them, with white
screenprinting, so he can probably do many different colors.

  The prices are $7 per shirt, plus $3.85 for shipping and handling
(priority mail). He told me that if someone were interested in a larger
quantity, he do even better on the pricing and shipping. So, if you
want 1 shirt, the cost would be $10.85, but if you want more, you
might want to contact him just to verify the total price with shipping,
etc.

  Note: I am not affiliated with this person in any way except to have
ordered a couple of shirts from him. I just wanted to send out this
message because I know there are others like myself who are less than
pleased about the whole Daimler/Chrysler takeover and I thought others
might be interested in these shirts.

  The person's name is Eric (I didn't catch his last name). His contact
info follows:

Illusions Screenprinting
6414 Millersburg Rd.
Wooster, OH 44691

330-263-7770
illusion@bright.net
------------------------------

   All of the above info, and a photo I took of the shirt I ordered
can be found at http://www.jonsteiger.com/www/misc/merger

   Last time I was at the dealer, I happened to be wearing a "Mopar or
No Car" t-shirt and someone commented on it. I plan to wear this one
the next time I'm out that way. ;-)

   Let me just say again that I am in no way related to or affiliated
with this vendor - I spoke with him for about 3 minutes at the Nats and
ordered a couple of t-shirts from him. I probably wouldn't even
recognize him if I ran into him again. This is merely a vendor that
I had a good purchase experience with, I can appreciate what he is
trying to do, and knew there would be others who felt the same.

                                              -Jon-

 .---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----.
 | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
 | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly |