Re: Brakes Tbl. ?????

From: branning sung (brannings@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 20:07:43 EDT

I had the same problem with both sides of mine. Slight dragging would have
to oversteer to compensate and the rims/disks would heat up to the point
that you couldnt touch them. Took it in and they replaced both the
calipers. Also talked with the service rep and said that this was a very
common problem in Hawaii. He said that with the humidity, the breaks tend
to freeze up and not release. In my opinion, the design of the brakes are
bad on these trucks. Oh my dad had the same problems with two dodge vans.

Try and get the weight off the problem side and give it a spin if has more
resistance than the other side, caliper needs work. Might as well have them
replace the caliper (hopefully still under warranty). Mines been good some
20000 since the replacment. Since it was a "common" problem, they didn't
even hassle me about the lift or replacing the parts.

Branning
http://brannings.tripod.com