RE: New - Questions

From: SANNES,MICHAEL (msannes@san.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 23:59:56 EDT

It seems junky because it is loose at all the fittings and has no
bracket so it so it bounces around. I ordered a K&N (I'm in California
and I need the Carb # to register it). I bolts right onto the throttle
body (or so it appears). The exhaust dump is ok it was left with only
one bolt so I bought a collector plate gasket and tightened it up. Since
I brought it in from out of state I'll have to get a smog certificate
and it wouldn't have passed like that. I'm not sure what else has been
done to it. It runs real nice and is fun to drive. I'd like to give it
more performance after I get it smoged and registered.
I'm thinking of headers, right now it also has a magnaflow exhaust
(single 3" pipe). What do you think? Any suggestions? Does the electric
cut out work ok (much leakage)?
Mike