Transmission swap

From: Danny L. Burrows (havenx@ksni.net)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 19:00:11 EDT

    Heya, I have my old 91 Dakota with a 3.9, okay it has a auto trans in it
with OD, what do I have to do to make a 3 speed auto fit in it out of an 87?, I
think its geard lower, (good for me cause I don't have the money for a new
motor).The 3 speed auto also came off a 3.9. It looked like it will mount up as
long as I do the drive shaft work. I was thinking I could just leave the OD
unhooked and the 3 would work fine. But, I have to make it fit cause its all I
can offord at the moment.