Re: Fading Black Bumper

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 12:22:25 EDT

I used Mothers Back to Black on mine. It did not take care of any of the
chips that I had, but it did darken them back close to new. I also used it
on the trim. This ONLY works on smooth plastic. Do not apply it on the
mirror housings. I found that it did also work on the plastic under the
wipers.

If you apply it, do not go through dusty roads right afterwards. It will
look horrible. I let it sit for a day and then wiped, rubbed the remaining
residue off.

--
Thanks!

Chris Reck Chicagoland, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst) Custom K&N 6x9 air intake, Rancho RSX shocks, Pioneer full audio system. To come... BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires, V8 Throttle Body conversion

""jay & dana"" <jay&dana@telus.net> wrote in message news:007401c26e41$dedc3be0$2f5535d1@a4a91192... > > In the last little while my front bumper on my Dak Sport has been fading a > lot. I've tried 3 or 4 different types of waxes to no avail and it still is > not as shiny as the rear bumper which I rarely wax. > Can anyone please tell me if they have found a product to apply to the front > bumper to keep this fading away? > I've already had it repainted once because of the "spider webbing" rock > chips that are so prevalent on our trucks. > > Thanks for any advice > Jay >