Re: Need advice

From: Jason A Banta (jason.banta@louisville.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 14:52:51 EDT

I would email him and let him know that it is not "very Clean, like new"
and offer him what you feel it is worth. If he doesn't agree with your
price, I would send it back.

>>> got-speed@cox.net 10/09/02 01:58PM >>>

Ok I bought a powerdyne supercharger (just headunit and brackets) from
a guy
in GA. He had it listed on Ebay for $600 shipped, so I emailed him and
bought it (not through Ebay). The description said it was "Very clean,
like
new". I told him I would want it sent COD and he said fine. Well he
sent it
to me, but forgot to send it COD. He emailed me yesterday telling me to
just
send him the money via Western Union. Well I got the blower today and
at
first look, it looks like someone took a wire wheel to most of the unit
that
they could get a large wheel to and then painted it aircraft grey. I
was
fine with that, saying to myself I can just beadblast it. Well not
wanting
to fill up the inside with blast material I took it apart, and the
thing
looks like it has been sitting in the ocean for the past year ! There
is
rust, sand, and white powder all over inside (I'll bet the outside
looked
the same and thats why it was painted). Basically the whole thing needs
be ripped apart and rebuilt. Powerdyne wants a few hundred to do this
and I
can get new bearings for $100. My question is what should I do about
this ?
I have not yet paid the guy, and don't feel that it is worth $600. I am
even
more upset that if I would have paid, I would have a POS right now. I
feel
like not even paying him anything for it. I don't want to send it back
cause, 1) I want a blower, and 2) he would probably just put it back
together and sell it to someone else who is not as "smart" as me. Any
ideas
?

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed