Re: RE: Stereo help

From: Danny L. Burrows (havenx@ksni.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 19:01:31 EDT

I have a set of 10s behind my seat in a sealed box in my 91. I have found
that a bandpass box will put out lower bass but it seems to be a really low
mellow type of rap music bass. I listen to alot of country and calssic
rock. I find that a set of 10s in a sealed box with .75 cu foot of air
space is perfect for my style as long as you have a good amp behind it, I
think 75 watts per channel is good as long as there is a low THD. If the
THD is high I would only put 50watts through each speaker for the simple
fact that high THD = burnt/hot voice coils sometimes. Not much to say for
bass tubes...

Oh yea, one other thing, build a custom box so you can get the air space.
The more air space you have the lower Hz the bass will be, but if you get
to much then you get an echo effect. In the box of new speakers are some
specs. If a 10 inch says it needs about .75 to 1 foot even then I would go
for it. Since its a sub you need something that will hit a low range. 10hz
is awesome but expensive, 12 to 15hz will do ya.

Going by the room in your cab I bet a set of 8" bostons @ 12Hz would make
ya happy....

Danny
91 RC Dakota 3.9