Re: Got the insurance estimate

From: tmfu (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 12:29:35 EDT

andy levy wrote:

> The damage tally: Coolant overflow tank cracked, both fenders, all the
> front lights but the right fog, grille, hood, radiator support, bumper,
> and fascia. SO FAR. Steering felt real loose this morning and the right
> front tire looks like it's got some toe-out.
>
> Insurance adjuster looked at it today and called with his estimate. Just
> under $5000. Fenders are $455 each, hood $259, grille $300 (go figure).
> I missed the bumper price but I'm sure it's ugly. Once they open the
> hood, it could be worse.

Just got mine for my Neon.. $3461.. Not too bad.. Both rear
quarters,trunk(complete),bumper(used and repainted),passenger rear rail,
alignment,exhaust(they are replacing the Dynomax catback since the
muffler was mushed, and the plumbing bent in 2 places), and the rr
taillight.

> Going to call the shop Monday to ask about putting on an aftermarket
> hood. I figure even if it's $150 price difference (which I'd pay out of
> pocket), it sure beats $400 for the hood then $200 for the paint and
> install if I do it in a year - they have to paint & install the hood
> anyway, I'm just getting a different part substituted. Now, to figure
> out which hood...c'mon guys, start selling me on hood ideas!

AAR hood..

> I'm driving an SL2 rental; Enterprise had me wait an hour and then
> didn't have a car for me, so they drove me to another of their locations
> and upgraded me. Cheap-ass everything (not even a tape deck!) and the
> brake pedal has terrible feel. But the engine loves to wind past 4K.

I got Enterprise too.. At first I had an Impala that as soon as tapped
the brakes I heard metal on metal, so now I have a 2002 Grand Am v6..
Not too shabby for a GM product. Stomped a couple of unsuspecting ricers
(this thing has traction control ugh!). I actually kinda like this car.
The GF had a Grand AM that was a slug and just clunky. I got a cassette
AND CD deck! neer neer... ;-)

--
Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES