Re: Interior is getting wet

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 12:43:14 EDT

Alberto,
You replied before I had a chance, but with the exact same problem. The gasket around my
third brake light had dried up and shrunk to the point that water was getting through it.
What sucks is the dealership said the gasket was not available seperate from the brake
light. Instead of buying a whole new light, I bought a gasket for the third brake light
from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. 3 minutes with a pair of scissors to trim it slightly, and I
was back in business. No more leaks.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
I used to think it was coming from the firewall or the
windshield, but it all checked out. After a visit to
the dealer and ahveing my whole interior removed and
water pressure sprayed onto vehicle, it came from an
obscure place. It was coming from a bad seal on my
third brake light!!!!
<unsnip>