V8 Throttle Body conversion help

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 20:39:39 EDT

I just picked up a V8 throttle body assembly (including the intake, fuel
injectors and fuel rail) from Ebay. Everything looks OK in it, but there is
a lot of oil and gunk when I look down through the butterflys. It looks
like the TB is in good shape.

How would I go about cleaning this? Carb cleaner? I want to make sure the
outside/inside is free of any road grime.

What would be the steps on using a dremmel to smooth the TB? What do I cut
and/or polish?

Are the Injectors compatible with V6 and is it worth the upgrade?

Stamped on the PB is (Holley V8 P/N 12R10896B).

--
Thanks!

Chris Reck Chicagoland, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst) Custom K&N 6x9 air intake, Rancho RSX shocks, Pioneer full audio system.

To come... BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires, V8 Throttle Body conversion