Re: no more 4-banger

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 11:42:06 EDT

Kinda a power to weight ratio (or wait ratio with a 4cyl! hehe)

Consider it was a 125 engine, pulling a 3500+ RC, or 3800+ cc (with 4cyl, and manual trans)... vs. an RT with twice the hp, only 200-300 # more...

The economy of the 4cyl is actually nearly MATCHED by the highly efficient 4.7L 5spd... I think it was an easy decision.

How many 4 cyl were produced??? Probably the lowest out of all Dakotas over the years. Still quite a few-- but I would imagine the 4.7L and soon the 3.7L sealed the fate of the 4 cyl.

Sam
12.62@108.46 mph