RE: Re: DML Digest V5 #512

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 20:27:27 EDT

The PVO SRT-10 is more than a 'Hyped Up Truck' as you referred. Check any
article from PICKUPTRUCK. COM or car-truck.com on specs.

The first thing is the frame was strengthen to handle the additional HP and
TQ load. The next area is the modified suspension and driveshafts.
Different braking system was added to stop the KING OF HILL truck. The
tranny is from the Viper, along with the engine and coolant system. If
Dodge in November SEMA announcement plans to keep the price under 40K, this
vehicle will be the best bang for the buck under 40K. I cannot see any
other production vehicle on the assembly line matching it.

The SSR frame was taken from the Trail Blazer but modified in length. Now
the engine is a completely retuned 5.3 Tahoe/Suburban motor.

With the Ford, well, now that is not much to talk about. The Ford SVT folks
at Chicago showing were in disbelief and commented that they are in trouble
if this truck will make production. Ford has no real large engine that can
compete with the Ram SRT-10. Even the little (soon to be) Dakota SRT-8 will
out handle and outrun the Lightning.

So, depending on your wallet, I would opt for the SRT-10 over the Lightning.

Steve