Truck vandalized #$%^&*(!!!!!!!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 01:12:37 EDT

Well I went and took the garbage out and spotted that someone had
smashed in the drivers side window on the bed cap of my 2wd Silver 89.
Y0u could have heard me screaming and swearing 5 blocks away.

Some of you may recall me venting on the list when I had the same truck
broken into this past memorial day (had $500 in tool stolen then)

I learned my lesson and have not put anything valuable back there since.
  The truck has been parked in my car port behind my house for several
months. Its not in running order (what a suprise eh?)

I had used it to store a couple pans of used motor oil and other truck
fluids from my last rounds of self service. I had not had the chance to
dispose of the used fluids at Pep Boys let and they were covered and
safe from spilling in the back of the truck.

What does the stupid #$%^&*'er do? Spills the oil all over the place
when he/she climbed in through the window and ransacked the back of the
truck looking for valuables. Nothing was stolen at all. Basically they
smashed my window and caused a huge mess for nothing. I had my drive up
ramps, my snow plow light/signals, and some old break parts back there.
  There was a large plastic black tarp that was thrown back there too -
they may have thought there was something hidden under it.

I found a gallon of used engine coolant, trans fluid, and other stuff on
the ground. Thank goodness none of it spilled on teh ground. I'm anal
about not spilling auto fluids and contaminating the ground (any worse
than it already is).

Now I have a nasty mess on the back of the truck to clean up - and a
redneck looking plastic bag with duck tape where my window once was.

I hate this freaking city!! Thank God I'm moving the heck out!!!!

--

"...mmm, truck..."

Terrible Tom & "Granpa"

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/