RE: 2004 Chevy SSR - What a joke of pricing...

From: David Carmany (thebeast@knology.net)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 21:01:32 EDT

You guys can complain about pricing and this that and the other. What
your not realizing is that your not really paying for whats under the
hood, how fast it is, or how it looks. To the biggest extent what chevy
and other auto makers are selling you is originallity and the ability to
be unique. Its like the mustang. Everyone has a freakin mustang cause
its cheap. The reason why there is a shift towards making pricie cars
like the viper, viper truck, hemi dakota, prowler, ssr, Avalanche,
lightning etc is because I dont want a freakin mustang like every other
dick, larry, moe, john etc.These cars and trucks are not the best thing
since sliced bread but they are something the elite can by and the
majority of people can not. If I could afford an SSR I know I dont have
to see a few dozen cars every day that look exactly like mine with just
a different color. Until people stop being vane and everyone buys a
metro these "joke" of prices will persisit.