RE: Tow hooks again

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 17:05:13 EDT

-----Original Message-----
 On Behalf Of BARRY OLIVER
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 4:01 PM
 Subject: DML: Tow hooks again

I just had a polite discussion with my friendly parts guy today. He insists
that tow hooks for my 99 4x4 DO NOT EXIST! So, you guys that have them -
What part # should I give him *or* what vehicle should I have him look up

Barry, I just looked through the brochures for my '99 and all I could find
is the original 27-page color booklet that listed all the options, packages,
colors, etc. I have a separate add-on equipment brochure somewhere that
pictures the factory tow hooks, grill guards, bedliners, running boards and
other stuff.
The tow hooks were only available as a kit that you could install yourself
or the dealer could install for you. I have some serious issues with the
entire design because the hooks don't mount to the frame, they mount to
brackets that attach to the front cross-member.
When I find the other booklet, I'll scan the applicable page and e-mail it
to you (unless, of course, someone else finds it sooner)