Hello - another introduction

From: Kevin Sellstrom (ksellstr@softcom.net)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 02:07:43 EDT

Just a quick hello/introduction.

My wife and I have just bought our very first "new" vehicle, a '99 Dakota
4x4 in "Driftwood" grey. It's a X-cab, 5.2, Mopar 8 1/4" w/3.92 diffs,
Trac-Lok, and just about every HD and creature comfort option Chrysler
could put on a truck. The PO was a 60+ grandma who traded it in on an '02
quad-cab. She never put the truck in 4wd, never scratched the bed, and
never put a ball in the trailer hitch. Somewhere along the line she had a
PowerAid TB spacer installed...but I think that's the only non-Mopar work
she did.

Our "new" Dakota will get a Rhino Liner and camper shell this winter and
off-road improvements as money allows. It'll eventually get real bumpers
front and rear, more/beefier skid plates, and a compliment of
communications equipment.

We look forward to many years of fun with the new pickup, and other
Dakota/Durango owners who seem to be a very friendly and helpful community
thus far.

While this is my first foray into the Dakota world, I''ve been around
Mopar's all my life - we sold our '85 D150 to make the down payment on the
Dak (it was a sad day). My family has owned everything from '60's Mopar
muscle cars and pickups to an assortment of modern Rams. Presently my wife
and I own a '69 D200 (in original bright YELLOW), the new Dakota, and an
assortment of Volvo's (each with over a quarter million miles). Included in
our family's Mopar lineup are a '76 Ram Van, a '91 Ramcharger, a '93 Dakota
Sport, a '95 Ram 2500, and a '99 Durango.

Hello!

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
          ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota 4x4, 5.2,
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318, NP435,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized
Rockhopper A1FS