RE: Re: OT - IT Jobs

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 11:30:38 EDT

Jobs are tough to find right now. The unstable economy plus the IT fallout
has produced an overabundance of IT personnel. That means that the
companies that are even considering hiring can have the pick of the litter.
Not only that but they can lower the salaries and perks and still get a
highly qualified individual. The problem is, when the economy picks up and
it becomes an employees' market again the good guys that got shafted will be
the first to leave. That will leave companies stuck with a bunch of
deadwood...and the cycle starts over again. This happened in the mid '70s,
the mid 80's, and the early '90s. Perhaps it will get better starting the
2nd qtr of 2003. That's the outlook right now....but outlooks change.
Those of you looking for work should consider all those items on your resume
that prospective employers consider a deficiency. Find a way to eliminate
them or place them in such a way that they will be more likely to be passed
over with little consideration. Good luck.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD