Re: Solar Visor

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 07:49:23 EDT

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:45:32 Jon Slavic wrote:

> I was pondering buying a Lund Solar Visor. Anyone have one installed
> with pictures? How are these with highway driving?
>
> Jon

My '95 has the kind with the clearance lights (I think they call it a
Moon Visor, same basic thing, though). There are many pictures of this
truck scattered around the DML page. For instance, here I am tempting
fate in the Mud Pit:

http://www.dakota-truck.net/MEET/dmlbbq03/pics/jon/017.jpg

(I just noticed that the caption for this part of the 2001 BBQ meet
report is "Breaking in the Mud Pit"... I suppose that can be
interpreted in more than one way.)

As for highway driving, the only time I've even noticed it was there
was when I was trying to look at an airplane or the weather or
something else in the sky. I've never really noticed it to make any
practical difference as far as providing shade. I think they're just
a purely cosmetic thing. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered, but
it was already on the truck when I got it. I like the way it looks,
I just don't think they're worth the price. Just my opinion.

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario