Frame and Body Noises

From: David Stark (DavidS@ci.hayward.ca.us)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 14:00:27 EDT

Greetings.

I'm moving from Lurk Mode to Question Mode.

I have a 1998 2wd 6cyl CC. No engine mods. Munroe shocks all the way around. I actually use my truck to haul stuff around - band equipment, motorcycles, stuff for the dump, etc.

I've been hearing a "clunking" or dull scraping noise coming from what seems like directly under the rear portion of the cab. I checked to make sure the spare wheel was secure - it is.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with the bolts that hold the cab or the bed to the frame loosening up? Mine seem tight but it sure seems and sounds like something is loose.

Please ponder and advise at your leisure.

Ciao.

- Dave Stark, Pleasanton CA
  AHRMA #874, AFM #974