Alternate tire sizes?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 23:10:31 EDT

Hey all-

  I'm about ready to replace my Goodyear 255/65/15's on my 15x8 rims
(2000 2WD Club Cab). As we all know, there are very few tire choices
in that size.

  I'm looking at Michelin LTX A/T's and BFG A/T KO's at the moment,
because I'm looking for better winter traction. However, they don't
come in 255/65's. Will 235/75's work, or are my rims too wide? I've
seen that Bridgestone Dueler A/T's come in 255/70, so I'm considering
those as an option as well.

  Anybody have a suggestion for an alternate size to shop for? I've
run all the calculations, but I don't know how much of a problem an
extra inch of diameter would be, or what widths are acceptable?

Thanks in advance,
Korey Atterberry