More about truck in the shop and smoking tires

From: Jonathan Lumpkin (jonathan@crazy-train.net)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 23:15:31 EDT

Hey all again....got some stuff to answer questions and tell you some more.

1) Futuras are from Pep Boys as far as I know. They acually make a version
called the 'Dakota' that sound really nice. Since this is a 4X2, we dont
really go off road. So shes looking at good highway/city tires. I guess
sport tread (more grip), rather than knubs for dirt.

2) Supposedly truck is done. I dont think so. To explain the noise
beter....listen to this. To test it....we put the truck in park and turned
the wheel. If you push down on the fender, you hear a grinding like noise
(or like a spring), and then when you let back up, the noise happens again.
So if you go over a bump, you hear this too. ITs not a metal against metal
sound really.

3) Thanks for the info on smoking the tires. We wont hurt anyone. Ill take
pics and a vid

4) Lawrence Dodge in richmond really sucks. They never want to do this
warrantty work. While the owner is nice....service sucks

5) Danny (the one who burnt the holes in the pavement)...any tricks? I
actually wouldnt mind doing this right in front of this darn dealership or
at her work. Acutally...im prob going to be the one doing the taping and
Debs is going to have all the fun :(.

Thanks for all your help...and ill let you know what happens with it. I have
to call the owner again tommorw and complain about crappy service.
Eventually they will get this thing fixed.

Jon Lumpkin